Here at Marian College, we pride ourselves on providing our students with the resources to keep them successful throughout their nursing career. Here are six practical tips to surviving and thriving as you power through your nursing program.
1. Motivation: Getting through your nursing program can prove to be difficult, especially when you take into account the other responsibilities you have in life. Keep reminding yourself why you started and how you can stay motivated through the difficult times.
2. Attitude: A positive attitude can help push the achievement of your goals. Visualize your success and focus on passing.
3. Resiliency: If you perform poorly on one test, don’t be discouraged. Use the failure to propel you to make it better in the succeeding ones. As Ralph Waldo Emerson puts it: “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.”
4. Innovation: Creativity and going out of the box are important traits to make one succeed in the nursing program. If one study technique doesn’t work, explore other means of studying.
5. Active Learning: Keep in mind that learning does not stop within the four walls of the classroom. Be an active learner even after you leave your class. Sign-up for free online nursing journals that will help you expand your knowledge of the profession. Grab every opportunity to volunteer, which is a rich source of knowledge and experience. This is an opportunity to establish networks as well.
6. Perseverance: Success is given to those who persevere, don’t give up!
These six tips will help you make the most of your time at Marian. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it in the end! If you would like more information on our nursing program, please visit our website, or give us a call at either our Los Angeles (213) 388-3566 or Van Nuys (818) 782-6163 campus.